Ways you can help in the wake of the Pulse Nightclub tragedy:
- Donate on the official GoFundMe page. All moneys are going to the victims and families of the shootings.
- Donate to the Pulse Tragedy Community Fund or directly to the LGBT Center in Florida. They’re providing counselors and assistance to families, friends, and others reeling from the attack.
- Donate blood if you can.
- Volunteer at your local LGBT center.
- If you’re a youth or teen specialist, talk to your patrons if they need to talk about the situation and listen to their fears and concerns.
- Provide a safe space in your work space for LGBTQ youth and adults.
Ways you can help beyond the immediate needs:
- Contact your elected officials. Let them know where you stand on LGBT issues.
- Vote in the elections coming up. Elections are won and lost on a slim margin and every vote makes a difference, even if you’re in a “red” or “blue” state. Make sure you’re registered to vote, and cast your vote in your local and state elections, as well as the national election in November.